For a complete list of How To's follow this link.
If you're looking for something else,
check out the LABELs drop down menu.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Don't delete your blog (2)

Well guys, it's happened. I was just catching up on the ring admin today and came across a blog that's been deleted and - you guessed it - hijacked.

It's a really bizarre thing. I entered the URL of the site then clicked on the profile of that person, and a blank page opened with a message saying - "I've moved my blog to another domain. Let me redirect you". I was automatically redirected to a new site.

The new site is showing ads for car insurance but I have a feeling it won't stay that way for long. I imagine the 'bad guys' will build up traffic with ads and then once it becomes a viable and regularly visited site, they will either sell it or use it for more seedy purposes. Bleugh!

I never thought I'd come across this so quickly having only learned about the consequences of deleting your blog just the other day.

I've been in touch with the blog owner and if she agrees, I will post details here.

Don't worry, your blogs are not in 'danger'.

If you haven't been following the thread 'Don't Delete your Blog', you can read more information about it here.

No comments: